My twin 4th graders and I are leaping head first into schooling AT HOME registered with a VIRTUAL PUBLIC SCHOOL. What this means is that we are supposed to receive many advantages offered to students in brick-and-mortar schools AND home-schooled students.
Similar to homeschooling:
- Work wherever you want — provided you can access the internet.
- Work whenever you want — those night owl and early bird kids will be happier.
- Go at your own pace.
- Develop full mastery of a subject before moving on to the next lesson.
- Parent is a “learning coach” responsible for teaching lessons and proctoring assessments, and so on.
- Can fit in great extras like weekly piano lessons — when other students cannot go.
Similar to public school:
- Have a standardized, state-approved curriculum.
- Have a teacher that assists with teaching and provides their grades.
- Have regularly scheduled tests to show whether they are progressing adequately in their studies.
- It is provided free-of-charge by the state and county we live in. This includes all books and many, many materials.
We are looking forward to this experience! Love to have you join us in our journey. Let me know what you think.